Instagram Stories Ads is also a part of Instagram’s (and Facebook’s) advertising options, but Story Ads is approximately different compared to other types of Instagram and Facebook Ads.
A key differentiator is that unlike Instagram’s traditional newsfeed ads, Story Ads can only be placed by themselves and not as a package with other ad placement types.
Story Ads require unique technical and creative requirements, and there isn’t just any equivalent of Story Ads at the moment on both Facebook and Instagram (and even other platforms).
With that being said, here, we will discuss how we can use Instagram Stories Ads that will attract your ideal customers and maximize your ROI.
1. What Are Instagram Stories Ads?
Simply put, Instagram Stories Ads or Story Ads are ad placements within Instagram Stories. Stories are short videos on Instagram which exist on top of your News Feed (so they tend to be more noticeable amidst all the clutter).
Stories are vertical and will fill your whole screen, and when one story ends, the next will begin in a continuous stream. We can also swipe right or left to view the next/previous information immediately.
So, when an Instagram user is browsing through Stories, it’s straightforward to drown themselves within the stream of continuous short videos.
Understanding Stories as a format is pivotal in understanding Instagram Stories Ads. The Ads would be placed between Stories, so it will show on the user’s screen as they swipe between different stories.
Not only there’s a higher likelihood of users viewing these Stories Ads, but they also look just like organic Stories, so it’s difficult to tell them apart from the rest of the Stories.
Advertisers can link within the Story Ads so users can swipe up and visit the link. This is a characteristic that is only available for verified user accounts with more than 10,000 followers. This is another value of Instagram Stories Ads.
2. Guide To Placing Instagram Story Ads
a. Build a Business Account To Open User Insights
Before you can start placing your Instagram Stories Ads, make sure first to create an Instagram business account.
If your business then must have an Instagram account, then you can switch into a business account. You’d need a business account to place ads, but also to unlock the Instagram insights feature so you can track your user demographics, traffic, and trends, as well as track your Ads’ performances.
Don’t forget to add your business’s address and contact information correctly, and essential links (i.e. a TinyURL to your website).
Creating your IG Stories Ads
There are several important considerations when preparing your Instagram Story Ads:
i. Design Specification
Again, Instagram Stories is a unique medium with unique requirements, so make sure to follow the design specification carefully:
- Resolution: recommended resolution is 1080×1920 pixels (9:16 ratio), remember that Stories requires a vertical video content. The minimum resolution is 600×1067 pixels.
- Length: maximum video length is 15 seconds, no minimum video length. Photo/still content will play for 5 seconds by default.
- File type: .jpg or .png for still images, .mov or .mp4 for videos
- File size: 4GB for videos, 30MB for still photos
You can make the ad in a carousel format of up to three cards or just a single video/photo.
ii. Choosing Ad Objective
Instagram/Facebook offset several objectives you can choose for Stories Ads, including:
- Brand Awareness: introducing your brand and finding people who might be interested in your brand.
- Reach: reach as many people as possible and attract more potential prospects.
- Video views: an ad type to promote your video content.
- Conversions: encourage viewers to perform specific actions (purchase a product, join a newsletter, etc. )
- The application installs: get more people to install your app
- Lead generation: capture contact information like phone number and email address
- Traffic: drive more people to your website
iii. Attracting Your Audience ASAP
Yourself just become a small window to catch your audience’s attention with a Stories Ads. It’s effortless to swipe away from a Story you don’t like, especially if it’s an ad. While there remain several factors to consider, here are the most important:
Make sure your brand is easily recognizable, especially if you are a reasonably small/new brand. This will help you stay recognizable even after a user scrolled through your Story Ad.
You can use up to three cards or screens, so a user has to swipe three times. If you use multiple cards, make sure that your final screen has strong branding.
According to Facebook, ads with shorter scenes (2.8 seconds per scene) performs better compared to longer ads. So, keep it short and powerful.
Remember that most people view Stories with the sound on, so use beautiful music and sound FX to entice them right away.
Another important consideration is to use strong brandings like your brand colours, a specific font, or your typical layout/template of Instagram content (if any).
According to Instagram’s case study for an ad placement by Nuxe, doing this improves ROI by 6.2 times, lowering the overall cost of the Stories Ads by 62%.
iv. Your CTA
It’s important to include appropriate CTA(s) on your Stories Ads, so it’s easy for your viewers to understand the objective of your Ads. Deciding which button(s) to include in your ad will help you deliver a more explicit message and can improve the click-through rate and conversion rate. The clearer your message is, the more likely they are going to convert.
3. End Words
In launching a successful Instagram Stories Ads, it’s essential to capture the first few seconds of your Ad’s length by having an early hook. Again, 60% of Stories are viewed with the sound on, so you can probably use a stunning sound effect to capture their attention as early as possible.
Also, tell your viewers exactly what you are selling. Even if you are going to use three cards of a carousel of up to 45 seconds, put your product upfront. This will allow people to remember it even if they decide to swipe immediately. Make sure your brand name and logo is immediately noticeable.
- When DevSecOps Shines: Reinventing Software Development May 17, 2023
- Implementing Infrastructure As Code (IaC) With DevOps April 21, 2023
- What Can You Gain By Choosing a Reputable HVAC Software Solution? March 19, 2023
- Choosing a Solar Panel Installation Company: What to Look for February 23, 2023
- What is a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) and how its work? February 22, 2023
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (18)
- Augmented Reality (AR) (5)
- Automotive (7)
- Blockchain (2)
- Business (44)
- Career (4)
- Cloud Computing (6)
- Computers (4)
- Content Management System (1)
- Cryptocurrency (1)
- Cybersecurity (7)
- Data Science (1)
- Digital Marketing (32)
- E-commerce (1)
- Education (6)
- Electronics & Hardware (10)
- Entertainment (5)
- Finance (9)
- Gadgets (23)
- Games (3)
- HTTP (3)
- Industry (2)
- Infographics (3)
- Internet (137)
- Internet of Things (IoT) (21)
- Job (3)
- Lifestyle (2)
- Machine Learning (7)
- Marketing (44)
- Marketplace (1)
- Mobile Apps (20)
- Natural Language Processing (2)
- Network (15)
- News & Trends (14)
- Operating System (OS) (6)
- Programming (10)
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) (13)
- Security (19)
- SEO (23)
- Social Media (29)
- Software (35)
- Tech India Today (1)
- Technology (164)
- Virtual Reality (VR) (2)
- Web Apps (12)
- WordPress (1)
- Workflow (2)
- Workforce (2)
- Workplace (1)
- Workspace (1)
Leave a Reply